Used Book Policy
Used books, cds and dvds in very good condition may be traded in for credit for other used book or audio. We do not pay cash.
For the books that we accept, you may receive up to 25% of the publisher's list price in trade-in credit depending on condition. Trade-in credit on cds and dvds vary.
Credit can only be used towards the purchase of other used books, cds and dvds. Credit can only be used for up to 50% of used book purchases* Think of it as purchase credit. We will hold your credit here at the store.
Please call in advance when bringing in 10 or more books. Please bring in no more than 30 books at a time.
We have the right to refuse any book for trade credit at any time.
Books MUST BE in VERY GOOD CONDITION:
- No stains, highlighting, stickers
- No torn covers, broken spines, loose pages
- No smells, ie. smoke, mildew
Books We Want:
- Trade Paperbacks: fiction and nonfiction
- Children's books: chapter, picture nonfiction
- Mass Market books in Prime Condition
- Selected Hardcovers: fiction, nonfiction
Books We Cannot Accept:
- Library discards
- Most Hardcover books
- Romance series
- Manuals, especiallu out-of-date
- Travel Books, especially out-of-date
- Rare or Antique books
- Condensed versions
*up to 50% of your available credit per transaction. For example: If you have $7.00 in credit, and your used book purchase is $5.00, you can use $2.50 of your credit, leaving you $4.50 credit for next time. If on a subsequent visit, your used book purchase is $20.00, you have $4.50 in credit. You then may use all $4.50. That's how "up to 50% credit per purchase" works.